Get Involved· Membership Information
· Volunteer Opportunities
· Donate to the Center
· Donate via PayPal
Donate to the Center
Camano Senior Services Association welcomes donations. All donations either go directly into paying for services and programs for the Camano Center, go to the Building Fund to pay down the Center's mortgage, or go into the Endowment Fund. CSSA is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Donations are tax-deductable to the extent provided by the law.
- The Building Fund receives gifts to help pay off our $573,000 mortgage on the Camano Center. A donation of $200 or more will purchase a memorial tile which would be placed on our Memorial Tile Garden Wall in the Center's amphitheatre. A memorial tile form must be filled out to order tiles.
- The Endowment Fund receives gifts that are held permanently in order to generate interest income, which is used to support programs and services provided at the Camano Center.
- The General Fund receives gifts that are used in direct support of programs and services also available at the Camano Center.
- Gifts to any of these funds can be made by cash, check, or credit card. CSSA would also welcome gifts of marketable stocks or mutual funds. Another way to support the Camano Center is by planned giving through your estate including such options as bequests, charitable gift annuities, donor advised funds, gifts of life insurance, or real property.
- The Camano Center features approximately 14 Special Events per year. The Center welcomes Corporate or Individual Sponsorship of any of these events.
In Kind Contributions
- Camano Senior Services Association welcomes in kind donations both at the Camano Center and the Second Chance Thrift Shop. In kind donations can be either a service or a product that would benefit CSSA.
- The Thrift Shop Gratefully Accepts: CLEAN CLOTHING IN GOOD CONDITION, HOUSEHOLD ITEMS (kitchen, bath, etc.), FURNITURE IN GOOD CONDITION, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, RADIO/RECORD PLAYERS, FRAMED PICTURES, OFFICE SUPPLIES, CLEAN LINENS, ANTIQUES, BOOKS, TOOLS, LAMPS, SHOES, TOYS. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK!
- The Thrift Shop Can Not Accept: CONSOLE T.V.S, TORN/SOILED CLOTHING, SKIS AND SKI BOOTS, WHEELS AND TIRES, BOWLING BALLS, BABY CAR SEATS, CRIBS, BROKEN ITEMS, MATTRESSES, HIDE-A-BEDS, LARGE APPLIANCES, AND COMPUTERS.
- DONATIONS ARE WELCOME ON MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, AND SATURDAYS 10-3pm.
- Acceptance of donations is subject to availability of space.
- Each trip to the dump costs us money and reduces the resources available for our vital programs. Only good, clean, operable items in saleable condition can be accepted. All items of this nature are greatly appreciated.
- For more information call the Second Chance Thrift Shop at (360) 629-6142.